Are you looking for help or advice? Here are some really useful links to a range of companies and organisations to help you find what ever you are looking for.
Mental Health and Wellbeing:
- Anxiety UK – A charity supporting those who are affected by anxiety, helping you through everything from generalised anxiety disorder, to specific phobias.
– Infoline: 03444 775 774 (Mon-Fri 9:30am – 5.30pm)
– Text Service: 07537 416905
– Email: email@example.com
- Mind UK – A charity providing advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
– Infoline: 0300 123 3393
– Text Service: 86463
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harmless – Support and advice for those who self harm, and their families and friends.
– Email: email@example.com
– Facebook: @HarmlessUK
- The Mix – Essential support on a range of topics for Under 25’s – from mental health to sexual support, homelessness and addiction advice.
– Phone: 0808 808 4994
– Crisis Text Line: text THEMIX to 85258
Body Image and Disordered Eating:
- Beat – Help and Support for people affected by eating disorder
Helplines (Mon-Fri 12pm – 8pm Sat-Sun 4pm – 8pm)
– Adult Helpline: 0808 801 0677
– Studentline: 0808 801 0811
– Youth-line: 0808 801 0711
- I Eat What I Need – A supportive community for people who wish to explore their eating and body issues (read more here).
– Founder phone numbers: Jan 07970 578120 | Emily 07505 707963.
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Facebook: @ieatwhatineed
- Family Matters (Kent Based) – Providing advice, support and free 1:1 counselling for those who have been affected by rape or sexual abuse.
– Helpline: 01474 537 392– Main Office: 01474 536 661– Email: email@example.com
- Drug addiction, ED and mental health resources (USA Based) – This is an American website, but it provides information and resources which are universally relevant, regarding topics surrounding addiction, mental health and eating disorders.
Complimentary and Alternative Therapies
If you feel that standard medicines and treatments aren’t working for you, then complimentary and alternative therapies may be the right route for you to find healing for your mental and physical health.
- Tina Pavlou – Spiritual readings, Angelic Reiki and Theta healing for your mind, body, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
– Facebook: Angelic Awakening and Beyond– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Jane Fitzgerald (Kent based) – Reflexologist, Massage therapist and Angelic Reiki Master, able to help you with a range of physical and mental illnesses, as well as assist you in balancing your spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
– Phone: 07789 985627 (Mon-Sat 8:30am-8.30pm)– Email: email@example.com
- The Medicine Tree (Kent Based)- Herbal medicine dispensary at The Malling Clinic. Herbal medicine can be used as an alternative to mainstream medications, or complimentary treatment, for the improvement of physical, mental and emotion ailments. The Malling Clinic is also home to a range of other therapists, offering treatments such as Reflexology and Massage, Acupuncture, Psychological therapies and Counselling and Mindfulness guidance.
– Phone: 01732 871818 (Mon- Fri 9.30-1.30, Sat 9.30-12.30)Go to their website for more information regarding individual practitioners in association with The Malling Clinic.
Not found what you were looking for?
Do you have, or know of, a support service which you think should be listed here?
Are you looking to talk to someone to get some general advice and support?
If so, please email Life on the Plus Side here: firstname.lastname@example.org